The Region’s
Mold Testing Authority

  • Create a safer home
  • FREE Initial Consultation
  • $100,000 OnGuard™ Guarantee


    Mold Testing by Inspired Indoor Air

    Our mission is to help homeowners create safe environments for their families through mold testing. We want you and your family to be able to breathe comfortably and healthily in your home, which can only happen if you have a clean, mold-free environment in which to live.

    What are the signs that your home may have mold? You may suffer from indoor allergies or headaches, you may feel tired all the time, you may notice water stains, or you may smell a musty odor in certain parts of your home. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, call Inspired Indoor Air owner Steve Hergott.

    We can provide high-quality mold testing that will determine whether your issues are caused by indoor mold. We don’t want you to ever feel unsafe in your home, so we educate our clients and point them toward simple solutions to their problems.

    Steve Hergot has over 40 years of HVAC experience

    Steve has over 40 years of HVAC experience that he can bring to bear to ensure that you can breathe clean, healthy air. Along with his engineering degree from Cornell, Steve literally wrote the book on creating a healthy indoor environment. His experience, commitment, and drive will ensure that you and your family are breathing healthy air, free of mold.

    Additionally, Steve holds many certifications from the National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI), including Certified Moisture Control Professional (CMCP), and Certified Advanced IAQ Assesor (CAIA). He also provides the $100,000 OnGuard™ Guarantee, so you can rest assured knowing you are in good hands.

    How Do I Know If I Have Mold?

    The biggest and most obvious sign is that you can see the mold. Mold looks splotchy and green or black, and it tends to congregate in corners and especially humid and damp areas. Sometimes it can be hard to see mold, but you must keep an eye out. It can be tempting to take a washcloth or sponge and rub the mold away; while that can get rid of the visible mold, it does not solve the underlying problem. Just because you can no longer see the visible mold, that does not mean that there are not still mold spores on the wall.

    Furthermore, there is probably more mold that you can’t see or mold somewhere else in the house. Rarely does mold only grow directly on the wall in just one area. You most likely have an underlying issue of mold. Mold spores are also able to float through the air, so getting rid of the visible mold does not get rid of all of the mold in your home.

    Sometimes you need more than DIY mold cleaning solutions.
    Our mold testing services can help you get your home on the path to being healthy and harmless.

    If you feel continuously sick with flu-like symptoms, then that can be another indicator that you are living with mold. While you could have a bacterial infection or a virus, you could also be affected by mold. You can determine whether mold is the cause of your symptoms by leaving your house for a couple of days and seeing whether you still feel the symptoms. This allows your body to breathe air that is free of mold spores. Say you go on vacation to your parents’ house, and you no longer feel ill; then, you more likely than not are being affected by something in your home. In that case, you should get your house tested for mold, just in case.

    The third largest indicator of mold is that you have a water leak or water damage in your house. Mold loves water. If you smell something musty, then it is likely you have both a water leak and mold. It is also possible that you can’t see the water leak, so you should pay attention to certain smells in your home. Additionally, pay especially close attention after you fix the water damage. Mold can still grow after the water leak is gone, and mold spores may still be in the air.

    Why Do I Need Mold Testing?

    For some people, mold may seem like an inconvenience, but not that big of a deal. In reality, mold is a severe problem. People can have very adverse reactions to inhaling mold-contaminated air, which creates an unhealthy and unsafe breathing environment. Reactions to mold can include asthma, headaches, nosebleeds, allergy-like symptoms, and flu-like symptoms. Not treating the symptoms and the underlying problem can lead to more permanent damage to your body.

    Furthermore, once mold enters your home, the mold spores can circulate through the air ducts. That means that when it comes time to turn on your furnace or air conditioner, you can immediately begin to feel the effects of having mold in your house, especially since mold loves humid, damp, and cool areas. Visit our FAQ’s page for more about mold testing.

    Our Mold Testing Services

    We investigate mold cases using a variety of techniques, including:

    • Particle Counting: tallying the number of particles in the air that can be indicative of mold spores floating through the air.
    • Air Sampling: suctioning some air from the inside of the house and analyzing mold spores within that air sample; we send the sample to a collection lab.
    • Surface Sampling: sampling the surface that looks like it has mold; a small adhesive is pressed against a moldy spot and sent off to a lab for analysis.
    • Sanitization or Mold Remediation Protocols: professionally cleaning up the mold in your house or developing the protocols for others to do so.
    • Post-Remediation Verification (Clearance Testing): ensuring that the mold is cleaned out of your house.
    • Detailed Lab Reports: for samples sent off to the lab, we provide a detailed lab report of the results of sample analysis.
    We take no shortcuts in investigating mold in your home
    Inspired Indoor Air offers the OnGuard™ 199-Point Inspection, which means clients can join OnGuard™ and take advantage of the $100,000 OnGuard™ Protection Guarantee. If there are any future mold problems found, you are covered up to $100,000 for damages and reconstruction, and the network of affiliated contractors is available to fix the issues.

    The 4 Step Inspired Indoor Air process

    Inspired Indoor Air has a simple, 4-step process to ensure quality service. While we recognize that every home is different, we provide a systematic approach that can tackle any problem and provide exceptional service.

    Step 1: Free Initial Consultation

    When you contact Inspired Indoor Air, you will be able to talk directly to the owner, Steve Hergott. You will have the opportunity to express your concerns and explain why you think you have a mold infestation in your home. Together, you and Steve can discuss how Inspired Indoor Air can help you to solve your problem.

    Step 2: Build a Plan

    After talking to you, we can provide you with a few personalized options that will give you the best chance to diagnose your problem successfully while remaining within your budget.

    Step 3: Book an Appointment

    Once you have selected a service package, you can now pick a date for us to come out to start working on your home. We want to ensure that we can come out to your house as soon as possible, as we understand the dangers of prolonged exposure to mold in your home.

    Step 4: Testing & Diagnosis

    This step is where the bulk of the work happens. Through a series of tests, we will be able to determine the cause of your issues and build a remediation recommendation based on the individual features of your family’s home. Our goal is to ensure that your family is happy, safe, and healthy.

    Embrace better living post mold-testing services.

    Better Living with a Plan to Tackle Mold

    Now that you have a plan to treat the mold, you can rest assured, knowing that Steve will use his 40+ years of experience and dedication to make your home a safe and healthy environment for your family once again. We want you to breathe easy again, and we are confident that we can make that happen!

    A partnership with Inspired Indoor Air is a partnership with success, so let’s get rid of that mold today!